Wednesday, June 11, 2014

MAC Kelly & Sharron Osbourne Collection








    I was excited for this collection & I am overall happy with it as a whole. The promo pics looked really promising & I really felt that they did NOT disappoint. I was happy that they really stuck to each of the ladies own personal beauty & style preferences to base their individual  collections on. Although that does, in turn, make each collection a little less wearable for some.

    Kelly being a cool toned girl & loving her pastels & kinda washed out colors on the face & bold lipsticks made her part of the collection a little less desirable for some, feeling that it would not work well on their skin-tone & such. But it also made it more sought after since those are not your average products. Like the lipsticks for example, they sold out within seconds & minuets of each release, & they are definitely not everyday colors that everyone can pull of, which I think made them more collectible, that paired with the fact that the are totally new shades.

    But I feel they really balanced out that aspect with Sharron's collection, it being a total opposite of Kelly's. Her's was warm toned, natural, & focusing more on definition & balance rather than boldness & statement pieces. And as you see, while these were more wearable & more suited for many people across the board, they didn't sell like Kelly's. I think her blush is the only thing that is currently sold out everywhere online. My only complaint on her collection is that there were no lipsticks (I know, I know lol. I just love lipstick!!!). Although there were the Patentpolish lip pencils (2 of which were re-promotes), glosses, and lip liners. I still feel a lipstick could have really topped her collection off.

 

I was able to purchase everything I wanted from the collection luckily. I opted for the lipsticks (Dodgy Girl, Kelly Yum Yum, Riot House, & Strip Poker), the blushes (Peaches & Cream, & Cheeky Bugger), & the MSF duos (Jolly Good, & Refresh).

 

  Lipsticks: Strip Poker, Riot House, Kelly Yum Yum, Dodgy Girl 

Blushes: Cheeky Bugger, Peaches & Cream

Mineralize Skinfinish Duo: Jolly Good, Refresh

 

 

 

(Strip Poker, Riot House, Kelly Yum Yum, Dodgy Girl, & In Synch)


 

(Jolly Good)

 

 

 (Refresh) 



(Cheeky Bugger)



 (Peaches & Cream)

  

 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment