Sunday, July 13, 2014

SWATCHES : Maybelline Expert Wear Palette In The Nudes


"The Expert Wear Palette by Maybelline offers great colors that are perfect for everyone. These shades have great pigment and will help you achieve the perfect day or evening look."




Available now at your local Drugstores & online HERE


    I was so excited for this palette & wanted so much to love it, but I just didn't. They, like other Maybelline shadows, are dry, patchy, sometimes gritty, lacking pigmentation, a mess to blend, wear horribly & fade in less than two hours in some cases. I do think that they can create a nice look & can definitely be put to good use. For me though, I have so many amazing quality eyeshadows that I enjoy using, so I will just never pick this palette up! After I used it the first time, I had to make myself pick it up & use it so I could write an honest & informative review. The concept was awesome as far as drugstore cosmetics go. This is the first palette I have seen in the drugstore & I hope to see many more. Also it is neutrals with various finishes; mattes, shimmers, & glitters. Until recently it was near impossible to find a matte eyeshadow in the drugstore. Also worth noting, these are arranged specifically so that they can be used as quads, trios, & duos. So, you could spit it up into 3 quads, 4 trios, &/or 6 duos.

   If you are looking for good quality eyeshadows from the drugstore, I would recommend the new Milani Bella Eyeshadow singles. They are reasonably priced, very pigmented, easy to work with, & in an array of shades & finishes. They come in satin matte, shimmer, & metallic finishes. Check out my post on them HERE!


Have you tried this palette? What were your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment